What Is Distant Reiki?
Reiki is: “A Japanese technique for stress reduction and relaxation that also promotes healing. It is administered by “laying on hands” and is based on the idea that an unseen “life force energy” flows through us and is what causes us to be alive. If one’s “life force energy” is low, then we are more likely to get sick or feel stress, and if it is high, we are more capable of being happy and healthy. “
Life force energy is the billions of tiny particles that move faster than any speed we can record, and holds all things together. It knows no bounds of time or space. Therefore it can be directed through time and space, much like electricity.
Distant Reiki works the same as an in-person Reiki session except that the person receiving Reiki is not in the same room. Remember that Reiki is precisely directed energy. Think of it as the practitioner dropping a stone in the middle of the lake. The ripples are healing energy and they meet you at the shore. In Distant Reiki, it is the practitioner’s focus and intent to send the energy to the client, and that person’s willingness to receive it, that makes it work.
How Does Distant Reiki Benefit the Client?
- Promotes deep relaxation
- Promotes pain relief
- Helps relieve symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Helps relieve symptoms of chronic health problems
- Aids in recovery from surgery
- Aids in recovery from grief and loss
- Stimulates the immune system to detoxify the body
- Encourages restful sleep
How Does A Distant Session Work?
The practitioner and client agree upon a time for the session and discuss any goals the client may have for the session. At the appointed time, the client should be sitting or lying down in a quiet comfortable place, so as not to be disturbed for the length of the session.
The practitioner prepares for the session in the same manner as for an in-person treatment. This involves clearing the healing space of any unwanted energy. This is accomplished in a variety of ways, including the use of Reiki symbols, prayer, chimes, meditation, and of course, Intent. Soft soothing music and aromatherapy are frequently used, just as they would be during an in-person session. The practitioner sets the intent of deep healing and blessing for the client, and expresses gratitude for the gift of Reiki.
At the appointed time, the practitioner uses a surrogate, such as a teddy bear or a doll, or simply visualizes the client in their mind’s eye, and focuses on the client’s name and location. The Reiki energy is directed to similar positions on the body that are treated during an in-person session. Clients have experiences ranging from deep relaxation to the unblocking of sinuses, relief of migraine, inner ear and arthritis pain, lessening of incision swelling and pain, and the release of negative energy and anxiety through tears. The effects of distant Reiki are just as profound as those experienced in an in-person session.
For more information call 360-809-3486 Monday – Friday 11:00 am – 2:00 pm PST or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How To Schedule A Session
The first step in your Distant Reiki Healing is a short consultation to help me get to know you and what you are trying to achieve through Reiki. We can either communicate via email at email@example.com or you can call me Monday-Friday from 11:00 am to 2:00pm PST at 360-809-3486. Questions I will be asking are:
- Is this your first Reiki session or have you experienced Reiki before
- What do you need help with from a Reiki treatment at this time
- What city and state are you located in
- When would you like your first appointment with me. (I won’t be able to fit you in immediately so please allow at least three days before your preferred first appointment.)
- Anything else you would like to share regarding your current situation
What It Costs
- Each session typically lasts 40 minutes to an hour and is currently $85. There are discounts for booking and paying for multiple sessions in advance.
- When you decide to have further sessions after your first session I will email you with details on how to pay me and the discount programs.
- Please note – If you have never had Reiki from me before, your first session with me is completely free! That saves you $85!
Starting and Ending a Session
- I will text you when I start your session and when I end it.
What To Do After A Session
- After the session, wait for two or three days, and see how you feel, and see how the Reiki is doing its job within you.
- I will email you or call you, whichever you prefer, and ask what you experienced both during and after the session, and will share with you my observations. (Bear in mind, the Reiki energy stays in your body, doing its job of healing, for up to a week and a half after the day of the appointment.)
Some Further Guidelines To Consider
To get full benefits of your Reiki session make sure you follow these guidelines.
- At the time of your appointment(s) you should be at home, relaxing, preferably in a room on your own (your bedroom would be ideal).
- If you like, play some soothing music, light a candle, add a scent you like, create a safe, comfy space.
- Make sure no one disturbs you.
- Just lie there, on your bed (or sit, quietly in your chair), and close your eyes. Do nothing other than that!
Reiki is more than powerful enough to work on you unaided, so you don’t need to help it. If you do try to help it you will actually hinder its progress. (It’s your time, your session, you’ve paid for it; I want you to get the best from it!) So, don’t do breathing exercises or meditation exercises, or anything like that. After all, if you were having contact Reiki with me at my practice I would tell you to do nothing, other than lie there and close your eyes; so why be different in a distant session?
- Each session of Reiki (for an adult) takes 40 minutes to an hour.
- One session of Reiki is never enough; to have only one session would be like getting a prescription from the doctor, and throwing the bottle away after taking just one dose.
- Reiki’s sole function is to heal. Unlike man-made medications, in Reiki there are no side-effects at all. You can be receiving treatment from a doctor or be on medication while having Reiki; neither will be adversely affected by the Reiki.
- During the session you will experience the same sensations that contact clients experience. You might see colors, you might feel warmth – or even cold – in different parts of your body. You might feel fine sensations of pins and needles. You will certainly feel very relaxed, and might even drop off to sleep. You will probably need to go to the toilet at the session’s end; Reiki gets to work on you immediately, and starts to rid the body of toxins.
- When the session is over, don’t get up right away; make sure you lie or sit where you’ve had the session for a further five minutes or so.
- The Reiki energy stays in your body, doing its healing and relaxing work on you for up to about a week and a half after each session.
- Remember that the Reiki energy you get is exactly what you need at that moment; therefore, everybody’s experience of Reiki is unique to them.
This was my first experience with Reiki, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. I am also pretty skeptical by nature, and doing something like this virtually definitely gave me more reason to be skeptical. But I was completely wrong. Distance Reiki with Lauren was an experience like no other. She put me at ease from our initial consultation, so I immediately put my trust in her. During the distance Reiki session, I felt her aura…especially in the areas where I experience the most pain (my migraine pain, my herniated cervical disc and my tennis elbow). I also felt completely at peace toward the end of the session. It’s been several days since my distance Reiki session with Lauren, and I am still feeling the lasting effects of it. My physical pain has lessened, and my attitude is more positive than ever, in light of the current pandemic. Thank you, Lauren, for such an amazing experience! Amy Seto, Irvine CA
I had the pleasure of receiving a distant Reiki session and it was nothing like I ever imagined! Lauren let me know when the session started and I had prepared as safe space for myself. I dozed off and when I awoke I felt I had slept for a long time when in fact I had only slept for 20 minutes. When I spoke with Lauren after the session she said she had felt my energy guides curling around me like a cat and I actually had a cat on my chest who jumped off right when she said she started feeling those guides wrapping me with their energy. She also said the guides wanted me to reclaim the joy I felt when I danced as a child. I teared up when I heard this because I DID dance as a child. She felt a huge amount of love around me from the guides, and I do have a lot of love in my life. The distant Reiki session filled me with so much energy and the will to shut down negative situations. I highly recommend Lauren! Chesney Mariani, Blacklick OH
I had never had a Reiki session before, though was always interested in the idea of it. The opportunity came up to work with Lauren, so I was eager to give it a try. I didn’t have much of a idea of what to expect, especially with a remote session, but Laue took the time to answer all my questions. I wasn’t focused on anything in particular, although I think it is fair to say that we are all dealing with a lot of extra stress these days. My work day that morning had been unusually hectic and stressful, and I really didn’t think I would be able to slow my mind to keep it open to the Reiki. The session was approximately 45 minutes and the result was amazing really. Although oddly feeling dehydrated, I returned to my office feeling very much unburdened by what was happening in my day prior to the session. I’m not sure what she was doing on the other end exactly, but I definitely experienced a sense of calm throughout the evening. I look forward to another session! Michelle Wergeland, Victoria BC